Sunday, November 10, 2013

If you're looking for a new car

Take to craigslist and don't really bother with dealerships unless you have the money. While dealerships around here tend to give you some sort of benefit from buying cars from them, they also cost several thousand more. When my car was totaled about a year ago when I got t-boned going through an intersection finding a car became an immediate priority. I searched around Craigslist for a pretty short amount of time and ended up finding my current car. A 2001 VW Cabrio. It's basically a little manual go-kart but it gets crazy good MPG and it's super fun to drive. I spent around 4000 and was able to haggle with the previous owner. At a dealership this car would have cost at least 7000 and I wouldn't have been able to negotiate the price. I highly recommend taking to Craigslist for your next vehicle purchase. 


This is my car. It's named Toad. For those of you who play Mario Kart you'll understand the name. 


No comments:

Post a Comment