Sunday, March 16, 2014

Working hard

It's been a jam packed semester with the course load that I'm taking and working has added an extra element to that. I work about 20 hrs a week at a local emergency vet hospital. it's certainly an interesting environment working in en emergency setting. I've learned a significant amount about physiology, anatomy, and pharmacology. What I've been coming to understand is that experience is often more important than book smarts. What I mean is that I could learn biology till I'm blue in the face but if I don't know how to apply it then it's essentially useless. So my suggestion is to find a job that is the first rung on the ladder of your chosen career or even a career you might be interested in. It's basically what your twenties are for. If you work hard and apply yourself opportunities will arise to climb the ladder and move forward in your career. 

This is the surgical set I wrapped to be sterilized for future surgeries. 




No comments:

Post a Comment