Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Calvin and Hobbes

Recently I bought the complete series of all the Calvin and Hobbes books. What I find most enjoyable about the books is that they are equally as entertaining now as they were when I was a little kid. As I've grown older and a tad but wiser I've begun to understand the finer points of humor that the author has and how he portray it through the characters he draws. Below is one of my favorite sketches. Calvin is discussing the evolution of laughter with his good pal Hobbes. It strikes an interesting note by describing the oddity that we as humans enjoying laughing at things that are absurd. Hobbes retorts by saying that if we couldn't laugh we probably couldn't handle life. These little snippets of wisdom from Calvin and Hobbes are what has drawn me to the comic once again. I highly suggest buying the whole set or even just one little book on amazon. You can get the entire four volume set for only 50 bucks. Check it out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment