Friday, September 27, 2013

California and Music

Probably one of my favorite things California has to offer is an incredible music scene. Artists from all over the world come to venues in California to play massive shows and the vast majority that i've been to have been incredible. This past year I attended my first festival at Coachella. By far the most insane 3 days of my life. Its held on these gigantic polo fields in Indio, CA. Indio is super hot during the spring but the way Coachella is organized the do a really good job of making water and bathing accessible. 
I've been listening to Red Hot Chili Peppers since I was a little kid so seeing them on the final night as the headliner was amazing. I'd seen them once before down in San Diego but at Coachella I was 30 ft from stage with a crowd of at least 10,000 behind me. Apart from the Chili Peppers, the best part of Coachella was undoubtedly the Do-Lab. Being that Indio is around 95 during the day time, you need to find a way to cool down and the Do-Lab is where its at. Bumping electro music all day, the stage has high pressured water hoses that spray the crowd all day long. The picture is of when I got a little rambunctious and jumped on stage, grabbed the hose, and started hosin' and dancin'. All in all, California and Coachella have epic musical opportunities and if you're looking for something a little more local, check out the Santa Barbara Bowl. Just the other week I saw Robert Plant (the lead singer of Led Zeppelin) and that fool melted my heart with Going to California.

Here's my favorite pic from Coachella weekend...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment